Monday, April 21, 2008

How Stupid Do I Look

Typical, bloody typical!!
Just hours after proclaiming the Mealy Redpoll as Portlands 'bird of the day' yesterday, a Black Kite and Red-rumped Swallow turn up in quick succession.
Unfortunately I didnt see either, but I won't beat myself up over that.

Plenty of migrants on the island today. Year ticks in the form of Reed, Sedge and Garden Warlber (taking me over 600 for the year, and all in Dorset too, apart from a short visit to Asia, but that didnt have much of an impact on the total really).

The Reed showed exceptionally well responding to some fierce pishing.


















Also, this total heap of a Black Redstart










Other unphotographable goodies included a handful of Ring Ouzels and Groppers, 10 Little Gulls feeding off the bill, a few Pied Flycatchers and best numbers of the year of Redstart and Whitethroat

1 comment:

Stephen Menzie said...

Mealypoll is way better than Black *ite